Two of the top historic attraction of the United Kingdom is Windsor Castle and Stonehenge and has managed to attract thousands of visitors from across the world. So, if you have planned a visit to these historical places, it is important that you know about these landmarks.
Windsor Castle is situated in the antiquated town of Windsor and holds a very rich royal history. Visiting the Castle will let you discover why it was the favorite of the royal residence. From lavishing royal State Rooms which decorated with world-famous masterpieces by Rembrandt and Leonardo Da Vinci, the castle holds extraordinary treasure from the royal history.
Stonehenge is a part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site and allows you to see 5,000 old monuments. These monuments are set against the dramatic backdrop of Salisbury Plain and allow you to work out yourself as for how did they get there or why are they there.
What you can do there
- Explore the Windsor Castle and relive the history of royal residence.
- Visit the prehistoric rock formations and explore yourself how the stones placed there.
- Explore the Visitor Center of Stonehenge where you can bring to life the history of Stone Circle.
- Get to know about 900 years of British history.
- Explore the State Apartments that are equipping with masterpieces by Gainsborough and Rembrandt.
- Visit St. George Chapel, the place where Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tied the knot.
Nearby places to visit
Both Windsor castle and Stonehenge lies in the west of London where there are many other places that you can plan to visit. Highlighted places are Bath and Oxford where you can find the abundance of history as well as beauty in equal measures. You can explore Roman and Georgian architecture along with several other sights that will behold you.